November 16, 2005

Better Late Than Never Department

Red over at The B Side has been on a fantasic New Orleans tangent for the last month or so. And I just found out about it! Where have I been? If you haven't checked it out, you can still catch some of the posts. And I encourage you to - its' such good stuff. Red has the goods and has done his homework - so you don't have to.

And, I want to thank Phil, out in the HOTG audience, for reminding me about this link. It's an archived playlist and program from September on WFMU (long may it make waves) with guest Aaron Fuchs of Tuff City, who brought along a lot of great sides (many of which his label has re-issued) and dispenses commentary long the way. I still haven't gotten though it all. But it's great radio and gives you a glimpse into what the label and it's owner are all about. Check out the stations's blog while you're there and listen online. WFMU, especially factotum Ken Freedman, deserves praise for helping WWOZ maintain its webcast after Katrina.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Natural said...

Thanks for hippin' us to the fact that WMFU is helping WWOZ. WAY COOL! I have been worrying about WWOZ bigtime.

9:09 PM, November 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home