August 12, 2006

How Did I Miss This?

Senior moments abound here at HOTG.

Through a recent comment from Jon Tyler, who offered to help find out more information on the "Gospel Bird" vs "Soul Machine" issue [August 4, 2006], I learned that he is webmaster of this site, the full title of which is The "Complete" Neville Recording Chronology, which is not only a mouthful to say, but a huge undertaking. The Neville family, in all its musical permuations and combinations, have been involved with recording for about 50 years now. While I am knocked out by what a fine job Jon has done with his site, which he keeps regularly updated, I am equally amazed that I'd never run across it in searches, read about it, or been told about it previously. As you might have noticed, I try to keep up with as much New Orleans music information as possible. Either Jon needs better PR, or I am losing it - and I suspect the latter.

I have added the site to the HOTG reference links and urge you to check it out.

Jon, thanks for your offer to help; and I'm glad I found out about you, too! I'll be checking in regularly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen the site either. A great addition to New Orleans web presence.

10:33 PM, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great link I'm indeed a fan of Neville Brothers's music and I can see that I still have a lot of items missing in my collection ;o)

4:37 AM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Jon's site is a fantastic resource for music lovers (information geeks, too!). He's put it all up as a tribute to the Neville's collective and for other fans to use and enjoy. To me, that's why the internet is awesome.

9:49 AM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home